QCA and Hardman & Co report

A new report written by the QCA and Hardman & Co shows that small and mid-sized quoted companies:

  • Account for 93% of all companies on UK public equity markets
  • Employ over 3 million people - an estimated 11% of total UK private sector employment
  • Contribute over £26bn in taxes - about 5% of total UK tax take

Read the full report here

We found that the largest 100 quoted companies in the UK account for 80% of total market capitalisation. The other 1,249 small and mid-sized quoted companies account for the remaining 20%.

This highlights the vast difference in size between the largest 100 quoted companies in the UK and the other 1,249 small and mid-sized quoted companies.

Read the report for more detail on this, as well on the tax contribution and employment figures for quoted companies, including a regional breakdown of where quoted companies provide employment